Sunday, March 4, 2012

Gringo Church

Every Sunday morning our team gets together for a time of corporate worship in our heart language - English. I am so thankful that our team has put an emphasis on this because I realize that this really is something I need. I love going to church and worshipping in Spanish, but it is not quite the same.

We usually sing 4 or 5 songs, led by Shannon on guitar and Erin on the keyboard (I play a bongo drum to add a little more to the sound). Then we take time to pray together. This time of corporate prayer is special because we can share with each other what is going on in our ministries as well as how the Lord is working in our hearts. We are studying through the Westminster Shorter Catechism, especially for the kids on the team, but it is good for us adults to hear and study that material as well.

Lastly our team leader Mike shares with us from God's Word. Ashley and I arrived here in La Ceiba just in time to hear the end of a long study on the book of Romans and since being here we have looked at Galatians and are now looking at I Thessalonians.

We very much enjoy worshipping together with our teammates and getting to hear songs, prayers, and God's Word in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment