Saturday, March 24, 2012

Giovanni got a Bible

A few weeks ago, during one of our medical clinics, a man asked if he could have a Bible. This was a little surprising, but exciting. We did not have any Bibles with us, but I told him that, yes, I would get one for him. 

Finally, last Monday, I took him the Bible. It was a paperback Bible that we can get here from the Bible Society in town for only a few dollars. He was so excited to receive it! He had his wife get his old Bible and he showed me how worn and used it was and he was very happy that the new one was the same version as the old one. 

I was able to sit and talk with Giovanni for about an hour about his life and family and about the Bible and who Jesus is. In our conversation, the Lord brought to my thoughts the things I had read in His Word that morning and I was able to share them with Giovanni. I know my Spanish was not perfect and that I may have even said things that were incorrect, but I praise the Lord that it is God's Spirit who does the real work and that the condition of Giovanni's heart is not dependent on me. 

Giovanni and his family live in this house.
I do not know if Giovanni has a personal relationship with our Savior, but he now has a new copy of God's Word which has the power to draw him to our Lord. Please pray that he and his family would read the Bible and that they would trust in Jesus as their personal Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment