Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Spanish in Honduras

Over the last few weeks I have become more and more encouraged in my speaking of Spanish. I am doing really well in my classes and am learning lots of Spanish grammar. I also have some friends / acquaintances that I speak to regularly in Spanish and it seems as though every time I talk with them, I am able to understand them and communicate with them more clearly.

This week in Honduras has been a little more difficult. Lets just say that I am glad we have another 5 months of language school, because I am not ready yet. Don't get me wrong, I have learned a ton, but speaking with new people (that have a slightly different accent) I have realized that I still have a lot to learn. I know that even when I finish language school I will not be finished learning Spanish. The language learning process is a long and tedious one, but it is one I am enjoying very much right now.

In other news, our team did construction on 2 sites in the morning, hosted a medical clinic that saw 45 patients, and led a Kid's Club with about 40 Honduran kids! We are all doing well, a little tired but enjoying serving the people of Honduras! Click here to see our teams Facebook page with lots of updates and pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment