Thursday, July 14, 2011

See ya later, not goodbye

This trip has been a lot different from the trip Ashley and I came on 2 years ago. The teams (short-term and long-term) are both larger. We are staying in the dorm facility, that doubles as a construction site. We are able to speak Spanish.

The biggest difference to me is that, even though we are here for only a week, we are able to tell the people we meet that we will see them later. We can tell kids that we are coming back in December. While some of them may not see it as much of a difference now (maybe more so when we actually do see them later), its feels very different for me.

I am able to share with these people that I am taking time to study their language in order to come and serve them. This is very surprising to many of them. They do not understand why I would leave a place that is so "great" to come here where live is so much harder. I hope that I will soon be able to convey (in Spanish) to them that the Lord actually used them to change me and to change my life. The truth is that is doesn't make sense and that it isn't really logical, but it is what the Lord wants and that is all that matters.

See ya later!

1 comment: