Saturday, August 6, 2011

For His Glory

July was not an easy month for our team in Honduras. They have gone through a lot - burglarized house, broken down cars, camera stolen, sickness, hours of time and energy after these events, stress, firing 12 Honduran workers due to lack of funds....

This sounds like it has been an awful month, and in some ways it has been. However, this team is not working for this world. In fact, it is the God of the universe that is working in, on, and through this team. They are tired, yet God is giving them love for each other. I don't want to make the people, our teammates, look great, (I like them all and look forward to working alongside them all!) because they are just people. It is God who is GREAT! It is Him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can even imagine! It is the Lord who is working mightily in La Ceiba, Honduras!

In Philippians, Paul writes that it has been granted to us to not only believe in Christ, but also to suffer for him. It also says that the reason for this is for His sake. So, I am thankful that our team in Honduras is going through tough times because it is all for the glory of our Savior! I know it is not fun, and I pray that the Lord will continue to pour out His love and His peace to all of them through this time. I also pray that the Lord would give me His love, His peace, and His joy in every situation in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment