Sunday, August 28, 2011

Friends and Food

We moved into our apartment about 2 weeks ago. It has been great to have some of our own space and to have more freedom to do what we want, when we want. We are very thankful that we have this opportunity to live in an apartment for our last trimester of language school.

Friday night, we had a Costa Rican couple over for dinner. We enjoyed eating together, getting to know each other, and some Phase 10. All in Spanish, of course! It was very encouraging to be able to spend an entire evening with guests and be able to communicate in Spanish with them.

Also, in just 2 short weeks, I have realized that I like to cook. It's not my favorite thing in the world to do, but I do enjoy it. So far it has been pretty basic stuff, but as I get more chances to cook I think I will try new things and experiment with some different combinations. Costa Rica is home to lots of different fruits and vegetables, and I look forward to using some of them over the next few months here.

No comments:

Post a Comment