Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Teams

On Saturday, our summer, short-term team 'season' begins. I guess that means that the last month or so has been 'preseason'. We have been working together as a team to prepare to host 16 short-term teams this summer. It is a lot of work, but it is also a huge blessing.

Three years ago, Ashley and I came here on a short-term trip. I had no idea, when I got on the plane to come, that this would eventually be my future home. I had no idea that the Lord was preparing me to become a cross-cultural missionary. He used a week long trip to show me that this was His plan for my life. All of our teammates were a part of short-term trips before they became full-time missionaries as well. We all know the huge impact these trips had on each of our lives.

Now, as we prepare, we know that these trips can impact those who come and those who are here. We are ministered to by getting to know others that have the heart of sharing Christ and we are loved on by those whom we know that come. Also, the people of La Fe are about to see more attention from those who have more physically then they do. They will also see the love of Jesus manifested in new ways! We hope and trust this summer we are able to glorify our Creator by sharing His Truth.

Please pray that Ashley and I would enjoy this busier schedule and that we would constantly put our focus on our Savior. Pray also that God would teach us how to love and be humble and be patient with those who come and with the people of La Fe and with each other. Pray that we would remember our relationships with our Lord and with each other and that we would to continue to grow closer to Jesus in all aspects of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting so often! It's great hearing how the Lord is using you guys to minister to others and how He is ministering to you down there. It also really helps me know specifically what I can be praying for. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete