Saturday, May 12, 2012

Church Without Electricity

The church we have been attending in La Ceiba has its main services on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon and evening. We usually go in the afternoon on Sunday. They also have a Wednesday night service. This week we decided to go to this service especially because they were going to announce the engagement of a good friend after the service. 

It turned out to be a really neat service because the power went out just before the service started. The music part of the service is always loud with a full band and lights and everything, so this was kind of a big deal. It, however, did not stop everyone to singing to our Savior! I think it actually brought about a special time of worship that was different than normal. We sang songs with just an acoustic guitar. It was really cool to see and hear God's people sing to Him in the dark and without all the extra music. 

One of the songs was newer to me, so I did not know the words, but I was able to talk to God in my own way and listen to the sweet sound of music in a different language. Another of the songs I did know, which was fun because I could sing out as well. 

Sometimes less is more and sometimes we need to strip some things away to see what is real and true. I am so thankful we went to the service and that I was able to worship my Father in this way. The lights did come back on and we were able to see and hear normally the message and the announcement of our friend's engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment