Friday, December 9, 2011

All three down.

In my last post, I said I was finished with two out of three 'tests.' On Sunday I finished the third.

I got the opportunity to preach the Gospel to the people of ICRICEN (Iglesia Cristiana de Centroamericana) this past Sunday. This was the first time I ever preached in a church service and it was in Spanish! I will admit that I was quite nervous, but the Spirit gave me the words to say and (I think) clarity and (mas o menos) the correct pronunciation.

I am so glad the Lord gave me this opportunity to learn how to write a sermon and also how to do translation and also how to share a message in front of a group. I feel like I learned a lot and look forward to having this opportunity in the future. Although I am not going to be a pastor in Honduras, having the skills of writing a message and delivering it I think will be very useful in our ministry.

Mike preaching on Philippians 2:1-11.

I spoke on the importance of unified community and that it is only possible through humility and because of how humble Jesus Christ was for us to come to this sinful world and to die on the cross in order to save us.


1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there. Wish you two were here. But being in the same country will be sweet. ---Mark Voss

    ReplyDelete