Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Two down, One to go.

This week has been a busy one. On Monday we had our ECO, an oral conversation/exam. It was a 30 minute conversation with a teacher we never had before to test what level we communicate. I think it went well and that the conversation I had with the teacher was pretty representative of my ability to speak in Spanish. On Tuesday we had the ECG, which is a written grammar exam that tests everything that is Spanish grammar. We had three hours to finish (of which I used about two). I tend to do really well on paper and I think that I did well on this test. I think we will get our scores back sometime next week. in reality, the scores are not what is important to me, it is more about knowing what I know and what I still need to work on. 

Also, I am going to be preaching on Sunday, so I have been working a lot on writing a sermon and translating it into Spanish. This is not an easy process for me since I have never written a sermon before. I feel pretty confident at this point that the Lord will give me the words to say. I have had some help from a friend who has been a pastor for a number of years and also from my teachers here for the Spanish aspect. 

So, its been a lot of Spanish this week! Which is a really good thing, but we are getting very much excited to move to Honduras so it is hard to keep our minds here. Our teammates have started looking for a place for us to live and have sent us some pictures, so that makes us want to be there even more. We fly to Honduras is 13 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment