Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Where's Mike?

Here is what I will be doing for the next ten days or so.

Well, its the plan at this point anyway...

I am (mostly) ready to get on a plane tomorrow morning and head to the east coast.  My mom will be picking me up from the airport and I will get to stay with my parents tomorrow night and hang out with them all day Friday.  I will also get to spend some time with my brother Matt and his family.  My nieces are going to be a lot bigger than the last time I saw them back in April.

Friday evening, Brent Glova (my college roommate) will pick me up and we will head to State College: home of Penn State.  I will go to my first football game since graduating from Penn State in December of 2006.  We play Kent State and better win!  I will get to spend some time with another brother, Josh, and his family.  They live in State College.

Sunday morning I will share with the adult Sunday School class at Oakwood Presbyterian Church (see the note about the guest speaker!).  It is RUF Sunday and I get to share about how the Lord is calling Ashley and me to work in Honduras!

After church its ROAD TRIP time!

Sunday - State College, PA to Detroit, MI.
Monday - hang out in Detroit - Windsor, ON Canada maybe - attend KC Royals vs. Detroit Tigers in evening
Tuesday - Detroit, MI to Lincoln, NE
Wednesday - Lincoln, NE to Denver, CO
Thursday - Denver, CO to Baker, NV (click here for a laugh)
Friday - tour Great Basin National Park then Baker, NV to South Lake Tahoe, CA
Saturday - hike/hang out/enjoy nature in Lake Tahoe area
Sunday - South Lake Tahoe to San Diego, CA

San Diego is where I will meet up with Ashley and we will stay there Sunday night and head home (Phoenix, AZ) sometime Monday.

I am excited to see a lot of the US that I have never seen.  It will be a great time for me to catch up with my college roommate and enjoy the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment