Friday, June 25, 2010

World Cup

Most of the world is going crazy over soccer right now.  The Fifa World Cup is being held in South Africa from June 11 - July 11. 

The Honduras national team made it to the World Cup tournament this year for the first time in 28 years!  Unfortunately, they did not fare so well.  In three matches the team lost 2 and tied 1.  They failed to score a goal in their three games. 

I have never been a big soccer fan - even when almost all of my high school friends were on the team. 

In the past year I have started to pay more attention to soccer and to understand more of the strategy behind what the guys are doing out on the pitch.  Soccer is a HUGE deal in Honduras and I cannot wait to get my butt whooped by 6 and 7 year olds when I get there!

PS.  The US plays Ghana tomorrow morning in the round of 16 at the World Cup.  Lets go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment