Thursday, September 29, 2011

In Honduras

This week, Ashley and I are in Honduras. We are here for two reasons. Firstly, Ashley is taking part in the first Team Honduras Women's Retreat. Secondly, I had to leave Costa Rica again in order to renew my visa, so I felt it would be best for Ashley and I to be able to travel together.

We arrived in La Ceiba on Sunday morning and got worship here with most of our team in English, then went to a Honduras church to worship our Lord in Spanish. Monday morning, the ladies headed out of town for their retreat. Ashley, and the four other women on the team, are taking this week to relax, get to know each other, learn how to better work together, and study what the Lord says about important topics relating to women on the mission field. Each on of the women were given a topic to share about, Ashley shared about prayer.

Meanwhile, back in La Ceiba, I have been able to spend some quality time with the men of the team and help out a little with the kids. It has been great for me to talk with Mike (team leader) and John about what it is like living and serving here. Also, I am going to get a chance to look a little closer at a few of the communities in which the Lord may be calling Ashley and I to serve.

This morning I was thinking about how I sensed the Lord's call for us to come to Honduras. We were here in the summer of 2009, and after we left I just could not get the idea of being here out of my head. The Lord may it clear to me in my head, in an indescribable way, that this is where He wanted us. I am now praying the He would do the same thing in regards to what community He would have us to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment