Friday, May 6, 2011

2nd trimester

This week we started our second trimester of language school. Both Ashley and I have new teachers and we now only have 2 classes - grammar and conversation. From just the first week, it looks like we are going to be moving pretty fast this trimester. We have already studied the simple future tense and are continuing to move forward!

Our first trimester was great! We learned a lot and enjoyed our classmates and teachers. However, I think this change came at a great time. New teachers and some different classmates mean that the classes are a change and we will hear Spanish from new people in slightly different ways. In my opinion, this is a good thing. Talking to new people tends to be harder for me because everyone sounds just a little different and not everyone uses the exact same words.

This is the same with teachers. Each teacher I had last trimester was different and each taught using their own techniques. I can already tell that my new teachers will challenge we in new ways, which I am excited for!

A new trimester also means new students! Today we had a "welcome-the-new-students-party' which was a good chance for us to meet and talk with new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment