Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bible Study

On Thursday afternoons, our mama Tica hosts a small Bible Study in her home. The pastor of her church comes as well as 3 or 4 others. We have been so blessed to be able to become a part of the group since we arrived. It is not the same as any Bible study I have been a part of before.

These Bible Studies have been a great time for me. For one, it is a time to interact with more people in Spanish. We get to read God's Word in Spanish. We are able to hear and experience how people in another culture express their love and gratitude to our Savior. This time is a great time to see how small I am (I don't understand much and completely butcher His Word when I read in Spanish) and how huge God is!

I wouldn't say these studies have been times for me to understand the Bible more, but I am able to see, hear, and enjoy Him in new ways!  I look forward to when I can understand more (already starting a little) and can even contribute more of my thoughts and beliefs with my brothers and sisters in Christ in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment