Monday, December 3, 2012

Teaching at Gringo Church

Every Sunday our team gets together for a worship service in English. We feel it is important to have the opportunity to worship our Savior in our heart language.

We sing, pray, and study God's Word. For the last month or so I have been teaching through Philippians. It has been such a great opportunity for me to dig into this letter and study what Paul was writing and how it applies to us. I have enjoyed the preparation because it 'forces' me to study hard, read what others have written, and listen to sermons so that I can articulate what the passage is saying.

As I prepare to teach each week I am thankful that it is not my skill or intelligence or way with words that will cause anyone to learn, but that it is the work of the Holy Spirit. So far, we have looked at the first chapter and about half of the second.

I have always heard from pastors that they learn WAY more than anyone in the congregation when they preach because of all the work it takes to prepare a sermon. Now I understand this a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment