Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's Been Awhile

So, I haven't blogged for quite some time. I have some good excuses and some others that aren't so good. I cannot go back and write so I will give you a (short) recap of our last few weeks (They have been busy).

From June 16-23 Ashley and I visited the USA and got to spend quality time with our families. We attended a family reunion (Ashley's dad's family) for a few days and also got to see Ashley's parent's new house and spend some time with my family as well. All in all, our trip was great but short. We had a lot of fun catching up with brothers and parents and aunts and grandparents and we had the privilege to meet 3 nephews/nieces for the first time. We spent time with 35 different relatives!

1 of 3 nephews & 5 of 5 nieces
Seeing family was much needed. I know I was missing them a lot and was feeling the weight of the time apart. I am so glad the Lord gave us this opportunity. The only drawback is that know I may want to spend time with them even more that I did before we saw them. It was great to talk and laugh with our family!

When we arrived back home after this trip, we had a 14 person short term team waiting for us. So, we jumped right back into ministry and long hours. The team from Raleigh, NC was a huge help to our ministry and we are thankful they could come and love the people of La Fe last week.

That brings us to this week. It is a week in which our team has zero teams. This is a much-needed break for our team since we hosted five teams in the last four weeks. So, this week is much quieter and slower paced. We will host five more teams in the next three weeks.

We are thankful for this week of partial rest. We have much to do, but are making sure we mix in a healthy amount of rest into each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment