Sunday, January 3, 2010

Back to "real" life...

After 17 days of "vacation", I (Ashley) am returning to work. I say "vacation" because it was packed full: Christmas parties, write our first newsletter, print E-giving cards and mailing labels, enter contacts into our database, eat lots of yummy food, go for walks, find a new home for one of our dogs, clean, organize, not to mention shop and wrap gifts... Ah... It was wonderful.
Alas, the time has come for life to return to the steady pace of working each day from 7AM-4PM (and sometimes more). Thankfully, I love my job - my students - my co-workers - my boss... As I've mentioned before, I love where we are. The difference starting tomorrow is that each evening I will be starting my second job - well, our second job. We are ready to find partners to support us and the ministry in Honduras as we go. This coming weekend, we will be speaking at our church's mission conference - our first "talk". We will be sending out our first mailing this week or early next week.
The excitement is building. Anticipation is growing! My favorite verse today: "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?" -Ash

1 comment:

  1. Mike bro! I can't believe you became a Missionary... that's SOO awesome! I'll be prayin for you brotha! =P take care!!

    ReplyDelete